Bomb Sniffing Dog UK
Due to the current global environment and terrorist threat Top Dog Security Services Ltd are sad yet proud to be one of the few companies who are capable of providing a service parallel to the Military, Police or Customs & Excise departments.
Top Dog Security Services Ltd are able to provide seasoned, ex-Services search dog handlers on contract or emergency cover for any workplace or environment in the UK and Worldwide.
All handlers have undergone and passed a rigorous and thorough assessment prior to being deployed in high-risk theatres such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Kosovo.
EDD/AES handlers are more than the average dog-handler, they require a higher than average intelligence, high concentration levels, thorough knowledge of search procedures including assessment, evaluation, evacuation, reporting, cordoning and control.
We are up-to-date on current explosive types and the delivery methods used whilst never forgetting past techniques.
Bomb Sniffing Dog Teams available for deployment within the UK and Worldwide.
ACPO Home Office Accredited Specialist Search / Detection / Sniffer Dog & Handler teams.
Our Professional Management team and supervisors ensure that our Home Office Accredited Specialist Search / Detection / Sniffer Dog & Handler teams are being kept up-to-date with regular continuation training, while our experience within both the Services and the civilian sectors place us at the forefront of Sniffer Dog operations.
All Dog Handlers are fully conversant and compliant with both the 1975 Guard Dogs Act , Animal Welfare Act 2006 and the Revised 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act.
Our dogs are trained on the following untagged and tagged Commercial, Military and Home-Made explosive substances. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. Some types that you may be aware of are brand names. Particular attention must be paid to core compounds.
TATP, HMTD, HP and other Home Made Explosives (HME’s) and chlorates, C4, PE4, Plastic explosive, TNT, Gelignite, Semtex, Detonating cords and safety fuse, ANFO, ANS, Black powder, smokeless powder, Powergel, RDX, PETN.
Other ‘locally available’ substances can and will be readily accepted by the bomb sniffer dogs during in country familiarization process / training.
Please note that we train our Specialist Arms & Explosives / Explosives Detection / Bomb sniffer dogs on more than just explosive substance; we re-enact scenarios. At this stage we cannot expand upon this statement, however to bona fide clients detailed explanations and demonstrations can be given.
All of our Specialist Arms & Explosives dogs / Explosives Detection Dogs / Bomb sniffer dogs and handlers are assessed and accredited annually by a ACPO Home Office Licensed Assessor prior to being operational within our company. We believe this should be the norm within the UK industry; unfortunately it is not.
Our Explosives Detection Dogs / Arms & Explosives Search dogs are divided into the following types;
- Vehicle Search (VS) dog. Specially trained to detect and indicate the presence of explosives, explosive compounds and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED’s) on Vehicles, including cars, lorries, vans, trucks and other forms of road transport
- All Areas EDD / AES / Bomb sniffer dog. Specially trained to detect and indicate the presence of explosives, explosive compounds and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED’s) on routes, vessels, buildings (occupied or not) internal and external, aircraft, open areas including storage yards, car parks and fields, Vehicles (including cars, lorries, vans, trucks and other forms of road transport)
Our bomb dogs are trained to give a Passive indication. This preserves forensic evidence and reduces the likelihood of the device being activated unintentionally.
We are members of the following organisations:
- Institute of Explosives Engineers
- International Association of Bomb Technicians and Investigators
- NASDU – National Association of Security Dog Users
- BIPDT – British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers
- NTIPDU – National Training Inspectorate for Professional Dog Users